Local Media Association’s latest Innovation Alliance report focuses on ways media companies are using Facebook’s Call-to-Action button through Instant Articles to drive engagement.
Many of the companies are using the tool to drive newsletter sign ups but the tool could be used in a variety of other ways, too.
Here are five things to know about our report:
- There are seven call-to-action buttons you can use today on your page: Book now, contact us, use app, play game, shop now, sign up and watch video.
- Everyone is trying to increase the number of Facebook “likes,” so using the tool to promote sign ups for your own page is a no-brainer.
- Consider how you can use all of Facebook’s CTAs. For example, if you are trying to build a focus group, use the “join” button to get readers to sign up.
- Facebook has expressed the desire to develop a subscription program for news organizations. Many believe CTAs could be a powerful tool for promoting subscription offers.
- Through interviews with different media companies for our report, we discovered the “sign up” button is most popular and many are using it to promote their newsletters. Over a several-month period, companies featured in the report said they saw hundreds of additional newsletter sign-ups.
Have questions about this report and other LMA Innovation reports?
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or click here.