By Nancy Lane, President, Local Media Association
The final meeting during last week’s West Coast Innovation Mission was a two-hour exchange to share top takeaways from the trip and to develop a list of follow up items.
Top Takeaways included:
- Google surveys: at least eight of the attendees were going to sign up right away to start using this revenue-producing product (click here more details)
- Almost everyone in the group is going to identity the hottest opportunities in their market using the Borrell Compass report when they get home and then develop plans to exploit them.
- Many are going to launch digital agency services in the very near future.
- All are going to consider strategic partnerships. As one attendee said, “we are the pretty girl at the dance right now, everyone wants to dance with us”. For many, the Google opportunities were of great interest.
- Several are going to certify their sales team to sell Google AdWords.
- The group thinks that we need to come together more as an industry and work together on more projects.
- Many want to incorporate e-commerce strategies beyond deals as a result of what they learned from fellow attendee Eric Bright from Deseret Digital.
- Many are going to make changes to their culture as a result of attending the meetings with Google and Fisher. They liked the cohesive team atmosphere at Fisher and the TGIF meetings at Google in particular.
- “Show print some love.” There needs to be more of a balance and we need to innovate on the print side too (message came from three different presentations).
- Most are going to step up their social strategies on both the audience and advertising side.
The full report, complete with all of the top takeaways will be available in the next few weeks. Contact Tanya Henderson to order your copy (email@example.com).