“We are intensely focused on helping local media companies discover new and sustainable business models.”
Local Media Association is a thriving and innovative association that serves more than 2,400 local media companies (newspapers, TV, radio, directories, pure plays, and more) as well as several hundred research & development partners in the industry. LMA assists local media companies with the digital transition via cutting-edge programs, conferences, webinars, research and training. Our motto is “Innovate | Educate | Inspire”
President Nancy Lane discusses the evolution of media in StreetFight Q&A >>
- We invite newspapers, radio stations, TV stations, directories, pure plays to join our organization
- Our members are the dominant source of local news in the markets they serve
- Our foundation is bulit on over 2,400 traditional media outlets and their digital platforms owned by some of the leading media companies in North America
- Local Media Association members strive to provide outstanding local news coverage along with exceptional, targeted advertising opportunities for local and major advertisers
- Many award-winning media companies in America’s best markets
- Members include some of the largest public and privately held media companies in North America such as:
- The McClatchy Company
- Black Press Ltd.
- GateHouse Media, Inc.
- Digital First Media
- Metroland Media Group, Ltd.
- Schurz Communications Inc.
- Wick Communications Company
- For a complete listing of members and our R&D members visit the Local Media Association Members Directory.