CONFIRMED VISITS (more visits to be announced soon):
• Cox Media Group: In this signature visit, IM attendees will visit the Atlanta headquarters for a full day of strategy sessions and provocative discussions with this multimedia leader. Cox Media senior executives will go in-depth on their successful content verticals strategy, their industry-leading approach to digital audience development and subscriptions, their ongoing sales transformation, YouTube TV and OTT video initiatives, and much more. The visit will span Cox’s diversified portfolio: newspaper, TV and radio, as well as new digital franchises. We expect this to be one of the most memorable Innovation Mission visits to a traditional media company.
• WRAL: “Progressive” has been WRAL-TV’s mantra for its entire 61-year existence. It was the first high-definition station, an early pioneer in live streaming, and continues to innovate at a rapid pace across digital platforms. These include OTT video, mobile alerts, wearable technology (WRAL news on Apple Watch), and smart audio (integrations with Amazon Alexa and Google Home). The company has also diversified its business with investments in real estate, startup technology, and other sectors. The local media industry looks at WRAL as a beacon of innovation – find out why in this exclusive visit!
• University of North Carolina, Reese News Lab and Center for Innovation and Sustainability in Local Media: UNC-Chapel Hill is leading groundbreaking research on how community news can cultivate a sustainable and profitable future. Through the Reese News Lab, it is experimenting with and testing new forms of journalism, with a focus on design thinking to innovate. Attendees will learn about UNC’s “news deserts” research and immerse in its Reese News Lab, with an opportunity to discuss future partnership opportunities.
• LEAP Media Solutions: LEAP partners with media companies to help them build, understand, and leverage their customer database to activate and monetize audiences and create targeted advertiser programs. Generating direct consumer revenue through audience engagement and loyalty is one of the most critical areas that local media companies are focused on. LEAP has a unique point of view, and will share case study successes during this happy hour visit.
• American Underground: Billed as the “Startup Capital of the South,” American Underground supports nearly 300 startups and entrepreneurial projects. Capitol Broadcasting Company (WRAL’s parent company) has invested in American Underground’s launch and expansion – their leadership will discuss the cultures of innovative start-ups that they foster and what helps lure talent to these tech hubs.
IBM Watson “Internet of Things”: Attendees will step inside IBM Watson’s Design Thinking Studio to learn how businesses across all industries – from Automotive to Manufacturing to Retail – are utilizing “Internet of Things” applications and data to improve customer satisfaction, strengthen retention, and drive new revenues.Register