The Chief Digital Club is currently booked to capacity but you can get on the waiting list.
Are you charged with leading digital strategy and growing digital revenue at your company? If so, this small-group networking environment is designed with you in mind.
Why a Chief Digital Club? Media executives charged with growing digital revenue benefit from a peer network to share, learn, vet and discuss the various aspects of their job. This includes new revenue opportunities, business and sales transformation, operational issues, vetting R&D partners and emerging trends and challenges. One of the main differentiators of this club is the mix of media companies that are represented. Newspaper, TV and radio executives are all able to network and share in a way that doesn’t exist anywhere else. The Chief Digital Club (CDC) is divided into small groups. Having small, cohesive groups allows for meaningful discussion and best-in-class networking. (There is also a group for R&D partners as described at the end of this page.)
How it works:
- Small groups of 12-15 are assembled based on company size and level of digital sophistication.
- The groups include a mix of newspaper, television and radio executives.
- Competitors are not in the same groups, as noted by each group member on their application form.
- Confidentiality agreements are signed.
Benefits for digital leaders:
- Monthly video calls are facilitated by LMA’s Chief Innovation Officer, Jed Williams. Each group determines the topics for each call.
- In-person meetings take place at least once a year in conjunction with LMA conferences.
- Larger calls involving all the groups take place periodically and include access to high-level executives from companies such as Facebook, Google, YouTube, etc., as well as presentations from innovators within and beyond local media.
- A private Slack group is set up for each group to keep the discussions active and robust between calls.
What topics are covered?
- Each group determines their own topics/agendas based on the needs of the group.
- These are deep dive discussions (“getting into the weeds” to address key issues).
- LMA’s Chief Innovation Officer, Jed Williams, spends considerable time planning the monthly calls and gathering the information necessary to make the calls productive.
- Featured topics include:
- Emerging platforms & business models
- Advertising & marketing trends
- Revenue diversification strategies
- Business transformation initiatives
- Benchmarking: digital revenue and sales
- Sales transformation: structure, hiring, compensation, development
- Digital agency: growth, differentiation, profitability
- Video monetization strategies
- Native advertising & sponsored content strategies
- R&D partner vetting
- Building a culture of innovation
Role of the Chief Innovation Officer:
- Jed Williams brings considerable expertise to this program, having specialized throughout his career in new revenue models, business transformation, partnerships, digital advertising and marketing trends, market research, industry forecasting, and go-to-market strategy. Previously, he led business development and strategy at two VC-backed technology companies. He also was the VP Strategic Consulting and a Senior Analyst at BIA/Kelsey, where he led projects with AT&T, CNHI, GateHouse Media, NBC, Time-Warner Cable, and Yahoo!.
- Jed’s insights have been cited by The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Bloomberg, FOX Business, and the BBC, among others. He is a frequent speaker at industry conferences and corporate meetings, and has written extensively on creative destruction and disruptive media.
His work has been published by the Columbia Journalism School and the Yale School of Management.
- The Chief Innovation Officer is critical to the success of this program and will ensure that each group’s needs are met. Much planning will go into every call to make for an extremely high ROI.
Criteria to Join the Chief Digital Club:
- You are charged with growing digital revenue at your company. We have a wide mix of titles, but this is certainly meant for senior-level executives, not middle management nor digital sales managers. It is also not necessarily intended for CEO or GM-level titles. A mix of strategic and tactical expertise is required. If you are focused primarily on content strategy and audience development, we have a Chief Content Club designed specifically for you, led by LMA’s Chief Content Officer David Arkin.
- An application must be submitted so that you can properly be assigned to the right group (like companies at a similar level of digital sophistication). You will also list competitors that should not be represented in your group on the application form.
- An NDA must be signed to ensure confidentiality.
- A commitment to attend the monthly meetings. Times will be arranged each month to ensure that everyone can make the meetings. Missing three or more meetings per year will be grounds for removal from the program.
Cost to Join?
- Just a $139/month recurring charge on a credit card.
Leading R&D companies that partner with local media companies to drive digital revenue also have the opportunity to participate in the Chief Digital Club! There is a dedicated group of 8-12 top-tier solution providers, and we approve applications on a first come, first served basis.
Moderated by LMA Chief Innovation Officer Jed Williams, the Chief Digital Club provides R&D leaders with access to an exclusive network of peers to collaborate with and share best practices for partnering successfully with local media companies. We discuss extensively industry trends and growth opportunities. Participants receive direct feedback from local media executives about what they look for in successful R&D partnerships. As applicable, there may be opportunities to participate in private R&D vetting sessions.
How it works:
- We have assembled a small group of 8-12 R&D companies.
- We review and approve applications on a first come, first served basis. LMA will only accept one R&D company per category (no competitors).
- We ask that NDAs be signed to ensure confidentiality and promote open collaboration.
- Just $139/month charged on a recurring basis.
Benefits for R&D partners:
Monthly video calls, facilitated by LMA’s Chief Innovation Officer, Jed Williams. Each group determines the topics for each call.
- In-person meetings take place at least once a year in conjunction with LMA’s Digital Revenue Summit.
- Larger calls involving all CDC groups take place periodically and include access to high-level executives from companies such as Facebook, Google, YouTube, etc., as well as presentations from innovators within and beyond local media.
- A Slack group is set up for each group to keep the discussions active and robust on a daily basis.
- Access to a committee of local media executives that participates on quarterly video calls to provide feedback on local media’s biggest opportunities and challenges, and share insights on what they look for in successful R&D partnerships.
Criteria to join:
- You are a solution provider that partners with local media companies (newspaper, radio, TV, pure play) to help them grow their digital revenue, with a primary focus on products and services geared to advertisers.
- You do not have a sales force that competes directly with local media companies.
- You must sign a confidentiality agreement.