Next week, the Local Media Association will hold its Virtual Conference, three days of webinars in content, sales and innovation.
In all, there will be nine webinars over the three days and you can sign up here. The webinars are free for members.
Here are a few things maybe you didn’t know you could learn by attending the Virtual Conference:
1. Facebook Calls to Action are working: The Virginian-Pilot is getting a few hundred newsletter sign ups a week through Facebook’s Call to Action feature. Find out how they are doing it and how you can too in our webinar on leveraging Facebook to grow engagement.
2. Google is trying to help newsrooms: The search giant has built a slew of news training materials built around their assets. Find out what they are and how you can use them today in a webinar hosted by a Google partnership manager.
3. Make money with video: Did you know that video and mobile are working together for many organizations to support and enhance campaigns? We’ll share example on how in a webinar on best practices.
4. Saying goodbye to pop ups and banner ads: Better UX is the wave of the future. Find out how you can change your product mix to be less about advertising units that annoy readers and to an experience that delights in insights from the 2017 Innovation Mission in a webinar by LMA President Nancy Lane.
5. Move to digital dollars: Going from traditional dollars to digital dollars is hard. GateHouse Media has developed some strategies that are working. Learn about them and discover how you can start making the transition in a webinar with their Chief Revenue Officer Peter Newton.
‘No Intermission’ series from Post and Courier supports local talent while providing publisher with increased traffic and engagement