Local Media Association is launching a resource center to help publishers navigate and succeed in the social media space. We’re looking for a dynamic social media pro that can manage this service for us. The ideal candidate should have 2-4 years experience as a social media manager for a local media company (newspapers, TV stations, digital news sites, etc.). They should have a thorough understanding of Facebook, CrowdTangle, Instagram and other platforms. The LMA Social Media Manager will also have terrific presentation and public speaking skills.
Exact duties will include:
- One-on-one calls with publishers to assist with their social media challenges, questions, and strategies (about 10 hours/week)
- Conduct at least one industry-wide training initiative each month (webinars, conference presentations, etc.)
- Publish at least six case studies per year
- Manage a local media Facebook group
- Stay up to date on all new products, updates, etc. from Facebook and other platforms
- Host sessions and hold office hours at LMA events (and other industry events)
- Assist LMA with our social media strategy
- Other duties to be determined over time
The term of this job is through the end of 2020 with the possibility of an extension. Some travel is required. The position is work-from-home.
This is a full-time position with excellent benefits and an amazing culture of innovation. We’re looking for self-starters that enjoy a fast pace. If you are mission-driven and want to help us find new business models that will help sustain local journalism, we want to hear from you. Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
How Facebook addresses 5 of the biggest challenges facing news publishers: Campbell Brown fields questions at Digital Summit Week
Call for entries: Submit your Support Local News Week campaign for a chance at a $5,000 investigative reporting stipend
Highlights from LMA’s Digital Summit Week, Aug. 10-14: Revenue, Strategy and Audience Takeaways and Insights