The Chief Digital Club, a unique initiative launched by LMA earlier this year, is an exclusive peer network for those charged with growing digital revenue and a few membership slots are now open.
Led by LMA Chief Innovation Officer Jed Williams, the Club pairs groups of 12-15 digital leaders together (from non-competitive, like-size companies with similar levels of digital sophistication) to share, learn, vet and discuss the various aspects of the job.
Metroland Media’s Terry Kukle, VP/Business Development and Acquisitions, says that the formation of this club is one of the most valuable benefits of LMA membership. “We benefit greatly by sharing and networking with digital executives from all over North America,” says Kukle.
CDC groups meet monthly via video calls facilitated by Williams. Each group determines the
discussion topics. These include themes such as:
- Emerging platforms and new business models
- Revenue diversification strategies
- Business transformation initiatives
- Benchmarking: digital revenue and sales
- Sales transformation: structure, hiring, compensation, training and development
- Digital agency / marketing services: growth, differentiation, profitability
- Video monetization strategies and best practices
- Native advertising and sponsored content strategies
- Vetting of R&D partners – which ones are providing the best experiences/results
- Building a culture of innovation
Larger calls involving all the groups take place periodically and include access to high-level executives from companies such as Facebook, Google, etc., as well as presentations from innovators within and beyond local media. Furthermore, a private Slack group is set up for each group to keep the discussions active and robust between calls. There was also a private event in Chicago earlier this year that included exclusive speakers and closed-door industry discussion and debate.
Interested in joining?
The CDC currently has 71 members and a couple of spots are open in certain groups, depending on the fit. Additionally, Williams projects that he will most likely open another group later in the year. For more information, visit www.localmedia.org/chief-digital-club or contact Jed Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The cost to join the Chief Digital Club is $139/month.