Here are the people who will guide the development, operation and growth of Accelerate Local.
Nancy Lane, LMA’s president, understands the challenges better than most. She spent the last 19 years helping local media companies with their transformation strategies. She is the 2019 recipient of the Borrell Award of Merit, presented each year to an executive who has done the most to foster innovation in the local media industry. Prior to joining LMA in 2000, she was a publisher at numerous Journal Register Co. newspapers over a span of 8.5 years, running operations as large as $50 million.
Jay Small, LMA’s chief operating officer, should know. He has led digital businesses, operations and development for media companies including Cordillera Communications, The E.W. Scripps Co., Belo Corp., Central Newspapers, and Thomson Consumer Electronics. In every case, Small says, he guided attempts at innovation and new business models under all kinds of frameworks and processes.
“If nothing else, I learned what not to do and how not to do it, and that’s a big part of finding new paths that might just lead us somewhere great.”
Learn about Accelerate Local
- Accelerate Local introduction: Reinventing business models for news
- How does it work? From ideation to rollouts, the process is well defined.
- Projects in the pipeline: Work has just begun, but gives promising indications for the potential of Accelerate Local.
- Interested in funding Accelerate Local? Consider a donation — here’s how.
- Have an idea to submit? Get it in front of the Accelerate Local team.
- Meet the team: The people who will guide this important initiative.