Three important industry projects are already under way at LMA that act on Accelerate Local’s mission:
- The Branded Content Project: A $1 million program funded by the Facebook Journalism Project and in partnership with the Local Media Consortium. Alpha partners include: ABC Owned Television Stations, Dallas Morning News, Graham Media Group, McClatchy, Shaw Media, The Texas Tribune and WRAL.
- GNI Digital Subscriptions Lab: Funded by the Google News Initiative and in partnership with FTI Consulting. Partners: El Nuevo Día (GFR Media), The Baltimore Sun (Tribune), The Buffalo News (Berkshire Hathaway), The Columbus Dispatch (GateHouse Media), The Houston Chronicle (Hearst), The Idaho Press (Adams Publishing Group), The Portland (Maine) Press Herald, The Post and Courier (Charleston, S.C.), The Southeast Missourian (Rust Communications), and The Toronto Star (Torstar). For more on the Subscriptions Lab, read Nancy Lane’s blog post.
- GNI Data Lab: Funded by the Google News Initiative and in partnership with Deloitte. Partners: The Seattle Times, WFSB-TV (Meredith Corp.), The Philadelphia Inquirer, KPRC-TV (Graham Media Group), Louis Post-Dispatch (Lee Enterprises), and Tampa Bay Times. For more on the GNI Data Lab, read the announcement.
Learn about Accelerate Local
- Accelerate Local introduction: Reinventing business models for news
- How does it work? From ideation to rollouts, the process is well defined.
- Projects in the pipeline: Work has just begun, but gives promising indications for the potential of Accelerate Local.
- Interested in funding Accelerate Local? Consider a donation — here’s how.
- Have an idea to submit? Get it in front of the Accelerate Local team.
- Meet the team: The people who will guide this important initiative.