These important industry projects are under way:
- The Branded Content Project: A $1 million program funded by the Facebook Journalism Project and in partnership with the Local Media Consortium. Alpha partners include: ABC Owned Television Stations, Dallas Morning News, Graham Media Group, McClatchy, Shaw Media, The Texas Tribune and WRAL.
- Digital Transformation Lab for Publishers of Color: Funded through donations to Accelerate Local. Pilot partners: The Atlanta Voice, The Dallas Weekly, New York Amsterdam News, Houston Defender and The Washington Informer.
- NewsFuel: With $300,000 in funding from the GNI Innovation Challenge, NewsFuel is a platform that connects funding entities with news organizations seeking grants for journalism projects, and aims to fund 1,000 journalism jobs in three years.
Learn about Accelerate Local
- Accelerate Local introduction: Reinventing business models for news
- How does it work? From ideation to rollouts, the process is well defined.
- Projects in the pipeline: Work has just begun, but gives promising indications for the potential of Accelerate Local.
- Interested in funding Accelerate Local? Consider a donation — here’s how.
- Have an idea to submit? Get it in front of the Accelerate Local team.
- Meet the team: The people who will guide this important initiative.